Thursday 25 January 2007

The challenge today - morning madness

I wonder how many other Mums are sitting at their computer during their lunch break at work feeling the way I do this morning? Loads of us, right?!

The morning started with the usual spin of activity, the snooze button being hit three times despite my husband saying he HAD to leave by 7.30am... get him packed up and sent off into the frosty day... then the madness of breakfast, loading the dogs, child and paraphernalia in to the car (did you brush your teeth? your hair looks a mess!!..) - today is keyboard lesson, so that had to be squashed into the car too (in the back seat as the door to the front was frozen shut, jeez it's cold in the UK today!!) - to arrive at school, put the keyboard into the staffroom, deposit the child into his classroom, and then realise that with all the items I did remember, I had left my bag and mobile at home. .. back home, grab bag, screech into work with dogs (yes, I take my dogs to work!) and try to get my head into "work" mode... Phew! I feel like a did a day's work already!!

I wonder how many other Mum's are still recovering from the madness of the morning...

But then I feel lucky - my son is happily at school, my dogs are stretched out in the one small sunny spot in my office, my husband just started a new job and is happy, my job is great, and I can make myself a cup of tea whenever I want and enjoy the company of others... I am guessing lots of Mums are now back home with a pile of chores and demanding infants, wishing they had my freedom...

Mind you, the pile of chores will be waiting patiently when I get home (damn, did I switch the dishwasher on before I left?...)

Anyway, work calls - I'm an HR Director, so that keeps me busy!

So, to all other Mums - and Dads - that have stumbled into work today on the back of a million other priorities - I found this great quote this morning... enjoy!

"Life - The wind may blow from any direction, but the direction in which you go depends on how you set your sails"

4 comments:

Alex Briggs said...

Lucky me to have someone setting my sails in the right direction!
It was for you that we kept resetting the snooze. Everyone who knows me is aware that sleep is not that important to me!
ILU

Rachel Briggs said...

I don't remember it being about sleep, honey... :-)

Anonymous said...

Just wait until your little ones are teenagers . . . did you make your lunch; how much longer until you're ready; what do you mean you forgot to tell me you needed a folder for class this morning; no I will not let you go home with the guys this afternoon; aren't you ready yet, Where is my eyeliner; We're already running late, no we don't have time to stop at Starbucks! Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Rach Briggs said...

Well, at least I have a very experienced sister-in-law who can dish out advice from Texas!! I cannot even imagine the teenage years..!! Luckily, a bit of time before I have to!!