Tuesday 30 January 2007

My husband found me on the internet...


...in 2003.

Logistically, we should never have met. He was living in a different country, and I am terrified s..tless of flying. He is from Houston, Texas and was living in Europe. I had moved back to the little English village I grew up in after my divorce. He decided it was time to stop messing about and find his soul mate. I agreed.

We fell in love before we actually met up (yes, it really can happen!), and 17 days after the first email, he flew to England and swept me off my feet. I haven't found them again yet, almost four years later (this deserves a post all of it's own when lunch is not almost over and I have more time!!).

He has his own blog - he's really good at this stuff. I dig my heels in, and pretend to hate it all (you're such a techno-phobe"), but then I go away and quietly find out all about it and realise it's not so sad and geeky and time-consuming after all, and actually quite fun.

My Husband's Blog is well worth a visit, and my thanks to him for getting me started on all this - so this is what lunch breaks are for!! I'm enjoying sending posts to friends and getting emails back... I don't know if anyone actually reads this stuff, but it does make you feel as if you have a tiny corner of the world that's yours to share...


No comments: