Thursday 26 April 2007

a heartbeat, and losing your two front teeth

So, all is going well!

We had our booking appointment with the midwife on Tuesday, and she managed to find a heartbeat. We have seen this tiny fluttering heart of our baby twice in the really early scans, but never actually heard it before. It was like hearing this baby "talk" for the first time - a sound that told us that all is well. I don't know if other women that have been pregnant feel this way (sure they do!), but a month is long time between the last scan and this appointment. There are days when I truly think I have imagined the whole, wonderful thing. It seems so unreal, and hard to comprehend, that I am growing a person! Especially after the IVF and protection mechanisms you develop to try and deal with the disappointment if it doesn't work. It's really hard to re-programme and believe in it all!

Hearing a heartbeat helps that re-programming more than anything!

So, one more hurdle. We have the nuchal scan on Saturday to find out about abnormalities and Down's syndrome etc. That whole topic is so huge, I shall avoid starting to write about it! I am focused on this baby being healthy and well, and not letting myself entertain any negative thoughts!

onto other things...

My son lost two teeth in the same day! He thinks he looks so cool ,whilst I try not to laugh at his lisp! This was taken just before the next one fell out!! Thank goodness we don't have to watch him wriggling it any more...



Finally, a quote for my husband.

"One sad truth in life I've found
While journeying east and west -
The only folks we really wound
Are those we love the best.
We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest,
And deal full many a thoughtless blow
To those who love us best".
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox

I love you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi--wonderful poem and so true in so many cases.
Whew, when did losing the front teeth become cool? I must have blinked (smile). It's good that he thinks so and is not uncomfortable about it.

Thanks for sharing this!