Monday 16 April 2007

Easter fun, and the simple life

I have neglected my blog entirely, but for good reasons.

We have just had a wonderful Easter break, with my son, my step daughter and my husband's stepson (my double stepson as my son calls him!).

We had planned all sorts of lovely days out - a visit to the Natural History Museum in London, shopping trips so the kids could spend their Easter money etc.

A strange thing happened on the way to Easter...

Firstly and unusually for the UK, the weather got great just around the holidays. Not great, but FANTASTIC! We have had hot sunny days that rarely coincide with bank holidays or Easter vacations! So, we made the most of it - we got outside, and enjoyed all that nature has to offer - and suddenly, when faced with the days out to London, and money spending trips, the kids voted with their hearts. "No thanks", was their unequivocal response - we'd rather do the simple (read "fun") stuff.

So we did.

For 5 days we played and played...




and the only support needed was a good picnic...



and a place to build dens..



and swing and climb on trees...



We're exhausted! But in a great way! Even the dogs had fun!!



I wonder which holiday our kids will remember most, when in the years to come, we talk about Easter breaks??

I'll put my money on this one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi--it sounds like you all had a joyous time! And the pics show such happy moments---especially the dog one (smile).

Rachel Briggs said...

thanks, the new parent - yes, we had a fantastic time. I actually came back to work feelnig refreshed...imagine that!!